July 29, 2007

Miracle Whip is not a substitute for Cool Whip...

These two are Tristan and Julia, our grands living in South Carolina. As you can see, they're cute, but have yet to master the art of the "casual smile".

The moon is full and beautiful tonight. Skies are mostly clear with scattered clouds reflecting the moonlight. Temperature in the Mile High City is 70 degrees. Humidity is 64%, higher than usual so we're a little muggy.

I love living in Denver. We have 300 days of sunshine per year. A typical winter includes about 10 days below zero and summers include about that many at 100 degrees or more.

That's right. Someone was recently seen using Miracle Whip on strawberry shortcake. imho...THIS IS NOT OKAY!!! They say "dont knock it till you try it", well just call me Mr. Opportunity, cuz I'm knockin' this combo off the table, out the door, down the street and into oblivion.

Dont get me wrong. I like to try different things. I've done chocolate covered insects, peanut butter stuffed jalapeno peppers, even earthworm chocolate chip cookies (which is also NOT OKAY). All that being said, you could not get me to voluntarily consider the possibility of putting Miracle Whip covered strawberry shortcake on my plate, let alone into my mouth.

Some names I've recently heard which should be strongly discouraged--

Barbara Sue
Juliether (pronounced Julie - Eather)
Sharonica

All three of these names sound like someone couldnt decide who to name the poor child for, so they compromised with a franken-name.

Perhaps there should be a test before people are allowed to fill in a birth certificate. Maybe a multiple choice type thing.

Which of these names do you prefer?

a. Celeste
b. Barbara Sue
c. Juliether
d. Sharonica
e. Mary
f. all of the above
g. none of the above

No comments: