July 26, 2007

If Americans want to make English the official language- they should learn to speak it.

I remember when my stomach was flat. I used to wear my shirts unbuttoned. Some I had even removed the sleeves. You know the look.

So it's a discipline thing. If I could get myself up and do situps and leglifts and trunk twisty things, I'd probably have a flat stomach today. The routine today is more like - get up, go to the bathroom and snooze on the throne, wander out to the main house where Beth is, say "good morning", have some juice and watch Nicole Mitchell talk about weather, notice the time and rush to get ready for work.

At 50, I think flat stomachs are over-rated. Sure they look great on 22 year olds who havent started that second crop of hair in places we dont talk about. Okay, maybe it has nothing to do with hair. I remember Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck photos. Now those are some hairy guys, but it didnt seem to matter back then. Besides, I dont think either of them has a flat stomach today, either.

No comments: