August 1, 2007

Motivation...


I am acquainted, via the internet, with a very good artist named Laurie Pace. She paints every day and sells some through galleries, some through the web. This is one of her pieces, Evening Waterlily. Dont you just love the way she uses color? She really is an artist, and so versatile with style. Click on the image to visit her website and you'll see what I mean.

I dont know that I could make a discipline out of painting every day. I started at the beginning of the year, but life took the motivation out of that in short order.

Now I think I need to work on that. The truth is, I am not a patient person most of the time. There's no problem waiting for something that's beyond my control, but if there's a way I can speed things up, I'm usually right there to make it happen

As it happens, I'm that way with art, to my regret. No matter the size of the piece, or the subject matter, I want to get it all done alla prima. That's fine for painting en plein air, but with studio work it isnt a good idea for me.

1 comment:

carrie said...

i definitely have similar feelings of impatience and sometimes lack motivation to paint. it goes in spurts, it seems. i do love that waterlily painting.