August 5, 2007

Somebody get me ladder...

I remember seeing a movie about Jesus once and as the soldier climbed up to nail the sign over His head, someone in the theater said, "Hey guys! I can see my house from here!"

That's Longs Peak over there. I get to see it every morning, except when it shrouds itself with clouds. It's one of three fourteeners I can see from my neighborhood. Mt. Evans and Pikes Peak are the others. But I like Longs the best. It just looks so majestic and regal. They say that on a clear day you can see Kansas from the summit. I think it's rhetoric, but I'm not good at distances.

It's been a typical homeowner weekend. Cut the grass. Dug up a little volunteer bush and put it into some water. I'll let it winter in the house and then plant it in the spring. It looks deciduous, so that might be deceiving as time goes on. I'll keep an eye on the roots and make sure they're growing. I dont know if trees lose their leaves indoors. Ficuses (Ficii?) dont.

It's been quiet this weekend, too. The girls are with their dad. Julie's been working and Sharon is house-sitting. It seems kind of surreal to be just Beth and I. Wonder what we'll do after they all move out again.

No comments: