August 18, 2007

Motivation again...

See what I mean? It's been a week since I blogged. Yes, a lot's been going on, but really, dont you think I've had fifteen minutes to do this.

Last weekend was the firm picnic. It was a lot of fun, at Hyland Hills Adventure Golf. It's one of those groovy mini-golf setups with a total of 54 holes, plus go-karts and a kickin dragster ride. Beth and Derek rode together, but D wouldnt ride again. Leah road with me and went three times!

I took Thursday off and went up to Winter Park with Wes Hyde and Griff Jones. They're a couple of really awesome painters from here in Colorado. They each did two really nice pieces. I got one, which needs just a little touch up. Then it wil be super cool.

Speaking of super cool, one of the first things I did there was to fall in th creek. Yup. Just went head over heels into the crystal clear (and rather chilly) Rocky Mountain spring water. We were just below a beaver dam, so the water wasnt freezing, maybe 45 degrees or so. The cool thing about it was that I didnt have to worry about getting wet. I could tromp through the stream to whatever places I wanted. As it turned out, though, I stood in the middle of a lovely mountain meadow and painted some trees and distant mountains. It really was a great day. The dumb thing is that I always wind up in a hurry and forget my camera.

Not so super cool...Have you been watching your 401k? The last month has wiped out all the progress I'd made since January. I know I'm not supposed to watch it, but I do. Up to now, the thing has been rockin! like 12% or more. Now the annual return will probably wind up at about what I could get on a savings account. (Quick note: HSBC offers an online savings account at 5.05%. There's no minimum balance to maintain and you can start it up with just $10.)

No comments: