August 7, 2007

The Cat's a Killer Diller...



It's a line from the Drum Boogie, which is sung by Barbara Stanwyck in the film Ball of Fire. It isnt necessarily a film I'd recommend, but the song is filled with vernacular of the times like killer diller, knock yourself out, it's really gonna send you.

This is Leah. She's the oldest and tomorrow's her birthday. She'll be seven. Leah knows all the words to My Girl because I've sung it to her from the day she was born.

It's bedtime now and the girls have requested that I find I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. I'm surprised at the people who have recorded it. Apart from all the karaoke singers, there are the Jackson 5, Jessica Simpson, even John Cougar (Mellencamp) and Twisted Sister (not with Twisted Sister). The original Jimmy Boyd version didnt show up at all, which isnt surprising, I suppose, as it was recorded way back in '52.

No comments: