August 19, 2007

You're just a pack of cards...

said Alice.

I read a great quotation yesterday that seems to fit my life to this point.

"I may not have gone where I wanted to go, but I seem to have ended up where I wanted to be."

I'm happy with my life. Dont know anyone I'd trade places with. Are there problems? Sure. More than I like to remember. But I am blessed beyond words. My wife loves me and has tolerated me for thirty years. There's a lot to be said for that. We have a big family and make it a point to love them all, as well.

Next week ends the class on James and Elijah. I dont enjoy this lesson because it shows us the end of Ahab the king. His life spent in self-gratification, he dies without fanfare. An arrow let fly at a whim in the midst of battle. It's a sad life and I dont like telling the story, but it is what it is. While the uplifting of Elijah is so joyful, for my heart there is no balance or consolation for such loss.

I've almost finished the commission piece. There are a few minor touch ups to do, then it will be ready for framing and delivery.

2 comments:

Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

Don Barnes said...

Thanks for having a look. Check back and chat whenever you like.

Your site looks intersting. I'll have to peruse when I have more time.